Professor of Illustration (Freelance)
- terminal degree or its equivalent in interactive design, digital media design or a related field
- experience developing interactive media for professional clients
- proficiency in state-of-the-art software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Flash
- familiarity with content management systems, mobile applications development and physical computing is also a significant plus
- college-level teaching experience preferred
- experience teaching and developing online coursework also preferred.
Candidates should be flexible and able to teach within the varying disciplines of interactive design. The university seeks educators who will encourage innovation and process development while teaching, with practical concepts of the design profession as a constant element.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For complete submission requirements, please visit our website using the URL listed and follow application instructions:
Should you have questions regarding your application package, you may submit an email to Human Resources at [email protected]
ABOUT THE COLLEGE: The Savannah College of Art and Design is the most comprehensive art and design university in the world, offering more degree programs and specializations than any other art and design university. SCAD is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution conferring bachelor's and master's degrees in distinctive locations and online to prepare talented students for professional careers. SCAD offers students a choice of degree programs in 46 majors and 50 minors in locations in Savannah and Atlanta, Georgia, in Lacoste, France, online through SCAD eLearning, and now in Hong Kong. SCAD is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and welcomes all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation or disability.