Pronto is looking for a talented individual who is passionate and eager to learn more about web design and is looking to gain experience in a fun and fast paced environment. This intern will work directly with the Product and Design teams to gain insight into how design is integral to an online business’s operations and hands on experience while designing in real time. This is a paid internship located in our New York, NY office. To Apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter with links to your portfolio. Resumes without work samples will not be considered. Responsibilities:
• Participate in designing a new merchant tool website from beginning stages through launch
• Design features, billboards, and banners for the sites
• Design pages and assets to support social media
• Create design comps for presentations
• Conceptualize and design infographics for the sites (examples: http://www.pronto.com/infographics
• Should be currently pursuing Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design or a recent graduate.
• Must be available between 20 – 30 hours per week and commit to a minimum of 3 months.
• Must be well versed in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Solid understanding of Web design best practices and user centered design.
• Strong user interface design skills, including typography, layout and color theory. Illustration skills are a plus.
• Can demonstrate attention to detail
• Familiarity with online shopping space a plus About Pronto.com
The Pronto Network spans a growing network of shopping verticals, including ProntoStyle.com, ProntoHome.com, ProntoTech.com, ProntoKids.com, and BabyPronto.com. These sites provide easy to use comparison shopping tools for discerning consumers seeking the right products from the best merchants at the lowest prices. The Pronto Network is supported by a product index of over 70 million products from over 25,000 online merchants. Named 'Best Online Price Comparison Site' by Kiplinger's, Pronto.com has a team of experts in technology, Web search, consumer products, and social media working to create a world-class social shopping experience. Pronto.com is an operating business of IAC (Nasdaq: IACI), which operates more than 50 leading Internet businesses including Ask.com, CityGrid, Match.com, and CollegeHumor.